Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Rajesh Munavalli <ra...@dessci.com> on 2005/08/10 17:51:44 UTC

Hit Score

I indexed a single document containing only one word. When I search for
the same word I get a hit score of "0.3". Shouldn't I be getting "1.0"?

--
Rajesh Munavalli
RajeshM@dessci.com <ma...@dessci.com>

"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad
judgment"

Re: Hit Score

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Aug 10, 2005, at 11:51 AM, Rajesh Munavalli wrote:
> I indexed a single document containing only one word. When I search
> for
> the same word I get a hit score of "0.3". Shouldn't I be getting
> "1.0"?

Try out IndexSearcher.explain() to see why.   There are numerous
factors involved.

     Erik