Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Donald Dwoske <dd...@genomecorp.com> on 2002/07/02 23:27:08 UTC

removing parameters from forward

Quick version:  I have a hidden field named 'action' on
my form, and when I forward to another action, I want
that field, plus all the others to be reset.  Is there
a way to erase all the parameters in a request before
returning a new ActionForward?

Long version:

I have a situation where I am on one jsp form which has
a hidden field called "action", this field is
tells lots of my Actions what to do when the form is submitted,
thus many form beans have this same property.

I have a link from that Action which can go to a
different Action and I need to return to the first action when
done with the second.

So my link looks sort of like this:

addDefaults.do?returnUrl=/editWorkrequest.do

When addDefaults is done, I can go back to editWorkRequest.
This allows me to use addDefaults in many different sub-workflows
and go back to whatever called it.

So when my sub-task changes the 'action' field, it messes up
the 'action' field in my editWorkRequest when I go back there.

I have all the original information I need for editWorkrequest.do
still in my session, so I just want a fresh request... any way
to erase what's in the request, or reset that 'action' field to
something else?

-Don

Re: removing parameters from forward

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
I always check for that parameter in the request attributes first, and
if I don't find it there, then I check in the request parameters.