Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com> on 2014/02/08 20:37:46 UTC

A bit lost in the land of schemaless Solr

Say that I have 10 fieldTypes for 10 languages. Is there a way to associate
a naming convention from field names to field types so that I can avoid
bothering with all those dynamic fields?

Re: A bit lost in the land of schemaless Solr

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
File a Jira? (Really!)

Yeah, the absolute separation of field and field type can be a bit annoying
in some of these dynamic cases. It might be nice to have a hybrid - like a
dynamic field with type details as nested content. I mean it does seems like
one of the common use cases of dynamic field - the pattern suffix specifies
the specific type.

Or, maybe the ability to specify a dynamic field by directly referencing the
type, like: type:text_fr.

Or, just completely merge field and type so you can have any degree of
hybrid you want, including pure field, pure type, field plus analyzer, etc.
More like type as merely inheriting attributes from another field/type.

-- Jack Krupansky