Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Manepalli, Kalyan" <Ka...@orbitz.com> on 2008/11/04 22:52:24 UTC

Solr Autowarming

Hi all,

            I am working on smartfill solution using Solr. For
increasing the speed, I want to warm the cache at startup, using large
number of queries.

Is it possible to use a custom class to fire these queries instead of
listing the queries in solrConfig

Any suggestions will be helpful

Thanks,

Kalyan Manepalli

Re: Solr Autowarming

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Yes, you can extend QuerySenderListener to do this.

one of the really simple approaches i use (since the EventListener api is
kind of awkward) is to implement a RequestHandler that executes whatever
queries you want (using LocalSolrRequest instances) and then configure
QuerySenderListener to execute that handler once.

that way you can do more interesting stuff, like letting the results of a
query inform what additional queries you want to execute, or inspect your
schema, and then directly warm the FieldCache for fields of a certian type
or naming convention, etc...

-Hoss

Re: Solr Autowarming

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you can extend QuerySenderListener to do this.

Also see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-784

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Manepalli, Kalyan <
Kalyan.Manepalli@orbitz.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>            I am working on smartfill solution using Solr. For
> increasing the speed, I want to warm the cache at startup, using large
> number of queries.
>
> Is it possible to use a custom class to fire these queries instead of
> listing the queries in solrConfig
>

> Any suggestions will be helpful
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kalyan Manepalli