Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rajiv Nanduani <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/24 17:23:29 UTC

thread should be equal to throughput/sec??

Hi All,

I am confused. is that true if your throughput/sec is coming equal to your
given thread value it means application running fine. or it should be ideal
case.
if not then there is some problem.

For one loop and run for 1, 25,50 ,75 ,100 threads

--

Regards

*RAJIV <http://testeverythingrajiv.com/>
KUMAR<http://rajivkumarnandvani.wordpress.com/>
NANDVANI <http://testeverythingqtp.blogspot.com>*

Re: Re: thread should be equal to throughput/sec??

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
If your throughput equal to thread count it just means that your response
time is 1 second.
It is quite bad and slow to end-users.

Good situation is when you have hight throughput with any threads count.

Re: Re: thread should be equal to throughput/sec??

Posted by ra...@gmail.com.
Thanks for the reply.
But what should be the ideal condition if your throughput is coming near to
your thread count means your application response is fine...??

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
No, it is not.

Posted by Rajiv Nanduani <ra...@gmail.com>.
  Scenarios Throughput / Sec        Thread=1 Thread=25 Thread=50 Thread=75
QAHomePage 0.69 7.24 6.89 4.16  QAHomePage_NYY 0.65 4.59 2.43 2.58
ScoreboardPage_EN 3.21 8.1 3.27 5.25  ScoreboardPage_NYY_EN 2.31 3.01 3.03
4.89  ScoreboardPage_ES 4.27 3.14 6.95 8.54  ScoreboardPage_NYY_ES 3.97 3.18
6.39 7.8  SchedulePage 3.34 3.41 6.03 8.31  NewsPage 1.43 9.12 4.74 5.48
TOTAL 2.18 9.86 5.03 5.29

Here  for Thread 1 Total =   2.18 while it should be near by 1
         for Thread 25 Total = 9.86 while it should be near by 25
        & so on...
So is that true ? Total throughput/sec should be equal to/near by  thread
count

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.