Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Joshua Boyd <jd...@etinternational.com> on 2009/06/17 20:20:55 UTC

Installing QPID 0.5 regression?

I'm working on ubuntu.  As part of the install scripts for setting up a
new machine at work, we build everything in a seperate build directory.
With version M4, this worked just fine:
mkdir build-qpid
cd build-qpid
$SRCDIR/qpid-M4/cpp/configure --prefix=$TARGDIR \
    --srcdir=SRCDIR/qpid-M4/cpp --disable-warnings
make
make install

However, now with version 0.5, I get this:
mkdir build-qpid
cd build-qpid
$SRCDIR/qpid-0.5/cpp/configure --prefix=$TARGDIR \
   --srcdir=$SRCDIR/qpid-0.5/cpp --disable-warnings
make
make install
I get:
configure: error: Neither AMQP specs nor spec-generated code present;
cannot build.

I've attached my config.log.

I certainly just build in place for now, and probably make an exception
for this in our script, but it still seems like a bit of a regression
that aught to be fixed.

Re: Installing QPID 0.5 regression?

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
easiest is to download http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/0.5/  full tar,
and then cd into the cpp dir and for a clean env build.

In 0.5 we did not package the specs/ dir into each module. maybe we
should have for ease of use.

Carl.