Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Allesmallachen <Sp...@web.de> on 2007/03/27 01:32:05 UTC

Subscription forwarding

Hi,
could somebody give me a short explanation how subscriptions are actually
forwarded through a network of brokers.
I've wrote some tests and debugged through the code to get an idea of how
this functions. I begin to understand the process but I still miss the whole
picture.
As far as I understand advisories are used to forward topics to other
brokers. Is this correct?
What I do not understand currently is how network connectors are used in the
overall process.

Any help is very appreciated

best regards,
Christian

Posted by rajdavies <ra...@gmail.com>.
NetworkConnectors establish a connection between brokers. They are owned by a
parent broker, and are currently one-way.
e.g.

Broker A -- Network --> Broker B

The Network on BrokerA asks for subscription notifcations from BrokerB, and
depending on the type of Network Connector (Conduit, DurableConduit,
DemandForwarding etc) it will register proxy subscriptions on behalf of
BrokerB with BrokerA.
To avoid messages and subscriptions - going in infinite loops in non-acylic
networks, subscription notifications and messages have a networkTTL (default
= 1)  - which is the number of hops permitted before the
message/subscription notification is discarded.

cheers,

Rob