Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <an...@gmx.de> on 2015/05/03 13:37:14 UTC

Re: Another beta?

> If you're going to be the RM, it's up to you to decide when to start the release process. Let us know when you'll begin creating the Release Candidate files, so we'll all know when to get any last minute fixes in for :)
It looks like most of the recent changes and bugzilla updates have been done.
I'd like to create the RC files - when you (Nick/Dominik) send me your ok, I'll start.

Off-topic: of course I had a watch on #57552, but while fixing the new hslf text handling, which
still sometimes produces malformed .ppt, I don't like to halfheartedly introduce a new api in a rush.
And adding the proposed patch makes objective sense, but knowing that most of it will be thrown
away when the new api is in place, is kind a unsatisfactory. Thank you Nick for patching it.

Andi

RE: Another beta?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Gah.  Sorry!

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Mon, 4 May 2015, Andreas Beeker wrote:
> On 04.05.2015 22:26, Allison, Timothy B. wrote:
>> While working on TIKA-1315, I found a source for an NPE in
>> XWPFParagraph, and I'd also like to add some tests that will force
>> inclusion of some of the lower-level ooxml classes for paragraph
>> numbering.
>
> I think, the inclusion is not really an issue ... they just need to use
> the ooxml-schemas.jar.

FYI, for Apache Tika, using the full ooxml-schemas jar isn't an option
given the size. The smaller poi-ooxml-schemas jar building was a feature
initially developed to support Tika!

Nick

Re: Another beta?

Posted by Andreas Beeker <an...@gmx.de>.

RE: Another beta?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
While working on TIKA-1315, I found a source for an NPE in XWPFParagraph, and I'd also like to add some tests that will force inclusion of some of the lower-level ooxml classes for paragraph numbering.

I'll open an issue on POI's Bugzilla and make the commits tonight (within next 6 hours).

I'm fine with a RC soon, no urgent bugfixes as far as I see...

Dominik.

Re: Another beta?

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,