Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Krishnakanth Rao <kr...@cominsights.com> on 2002/01/23 07:44:19 UTC

exception while deploying

Hello,

When i try to deploy using the following command I get the error as shown below

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy SOAPDeployementHash.xml

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A 'htt
p://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a: 'faultcode
' element.; targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A 'http://schema
s.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.
]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:246)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
erClient.java:129)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClie
nt.java:142)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
.java:230)

The deployment descriptor is as follows

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment" id="SOAPHashServer">
 <isd:provider type="java" scope="Application" methods="retResponse">
  <isd:java class="SOAPHashServer" static="false"/>
 </isd:provider>
 <isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListener>
 <isd:mappings>
  <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:x="SOAPHashServer" qname="x:message" javaType="java.util.Hashtable" java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.HashtableSerializer" xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.HashtableSerializer"/>
 </isd:mappings>
</isd:service>

The tomcat version : jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1
apache soap : soap-2_2
xerces.jar version : 1.3.0
jdk : 1.3

what could be the problem ?

Regards

Krishnakanth

RE: exception while deploying

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.
[...]

==============
Since that error is being generated by the ServiceManagerClient, it is
hard to
tell what the server is sending back. I would try to look at the entire
message
exchange using TcpTunnel or my UtilSnoop program. You can get UtilSnoop
at http://www.lanw.com/books/javasoap - TcpTunnel is part of the Apache
SOAP distribution.

wbrogden@bga.com
Author of Soap Programming with Java - Sybex; ISBN: 0782129285

RE: exception while deploying