Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by gabriel marti <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/04 15:08:57 UTC

apache2.042,tomcat4.1.12,mod_jk2,vhosts

Hello, I have configured tomcat with apache using mod_jk2,according to the
jk2 how-to. I currently have /gabadoo/*.jsp in my workers2.properties file
mapped to my "gabadoo" context in my server.xml file.

However, I am not familiar with how to integrate my apache virtual hosts
with the workers2.properties file, and the necessary changes needed for
tomcat. Currently i have the following: In other words I would like to map
several name based apache hosts to various tomcat contexts? Do I need to
include hostname tags in my server.xml file, or do I just need to specify
multiple connectors in the workers2.properties file, which would map to the
appropriate contexts in tomcat. If any of these comments are remotely
correct could someone please give me some samples or some suggestions.
Thanks

apache httpd.conf:
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.dll

#<VirtualHost *>
#    ServerAdmin gabe@gabadoo.com
#    DocumentRoot C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.1\webapps\gabadoo
#    ServerName www.gabadoo.com
#    ErrorLog C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.1\webapps\gabadoo\logs.txt
#</VirtualHost>

#<VirtualHost *>
#    ServerAdmin gabe@gabadoo.com
#    DocumentRoot C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.1\webapps\gabadoo2
#    ServerName test.gabadoo.com
#    ErrorLog C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.1\webapps\gabadoo2\logs.txt
#</VirtualHost>

workers2.properties:

# Shared memory handling. Needs to be set.
[shm]
file=c:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\logs\shm.file
size=1048576

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=localhost
# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

# Uri mapping
[uri:/gabadoo/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

server.xml:

I use the default settings for jk2, and heres the basic context:

<!-- Gabadoo Context -->

<Context path="/gabadoo" docBase="gabadoo" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>

This is running under win2k. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Gabriel