Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hoang-Vu PHUNG <hv...@yahoo.fr> on 2006/03/18 11:10:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with apache 2.0 / 2.2

Hi,

I came across an incredible problem when updating
my apache 2.2. Whenever i start apache 2.2 then
any request to the internet slows down 100 times !
I did a traceroute and saw that. It took me a lot
of time to discover this problem.

Now I'm running on suse 9.0 with apache 2.2.
I didn't have any prolem with apache 1.3. My previous
apache 2.0.48 worked well. Then I installed the
mod_python. Afterward I noticed the connection to
internet slowed down (2-3 Kbits /s). Then I tried to
disable mod_python: no effect. Then I upgraded to 2.2.
Nothing better.

Any tips are welcome!

Hoang-Vu

[users@httpd] Problem with apache 2.0 / 2.2: prefork seems to block network access

Posted by Hoang-Vu PHUNG <hv...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi,

In the previous message, I said that apache 2.2
slowed down my network connection (100 times !).
If I kill or suspend httpd2-prefork then it is much
better.