Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org> on 2017/02/02 06:21:10 UTC

How long for autoAddReplica?

I added a new node an shut down a node with a shard replica on it. It has been an hour and I don’t see any activity toward making a new replica.

The new node and the one I shut down are both 6.4. The rest of the 16-node cluster is 6.2.1.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: How long for autoAddReplica?

Posted by Kevin Risden <co...@gmail.com>.

> so migrating by replacing nodes is going to be a bother.

Not sure what you mean by migrating and replacing nodes, but these two new
actions on the Collections API as of Solr 6.2 may be of use:

   -
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-REPLACENODE:MoveAllReplicasinaNodetoAnother
   -
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-DELETENODE:DeleteReplicasinaNode