Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by First Last <z_...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/26 21:25:55 UTC

Serving static content in tomcat 5

Hi all,
  I've used tomcat quite a bit before, but always as a
connector to another web server.  I'm running Tomcat
5.0 and I need to have tomcat be the static web
server, but I'm not sure how or where to configure
additional virtual directories for a webapp.
  I tried adding a <Context> to the
<webappBase>\WEB-INF\web.xml file:

  <Context path="staticFiles"
docBase="c:\Java\Tomcat\webapps\theWebAPP\files"
debug="0"></Context>

But it doesn't seem to work.  Can someone please point
me in the right direction to serve static content /
files?

Thanks,
-Alex