Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Attila Szabó <ma...@apache.org> on 2021/05/19 13:32:28 UTC

Questions around moving to Attic process

Hi there,

Just a couple of questions came into my mind after the vote is passed to
send Sqoop to the Attic.

Do we want to do a "final" release ( since 1.4.7 we do have ~ 110 commits
which never reached any Apache Sqoop official release, this never reached
the users over official channels)?

What should we ( I mean devs/commiters/etc. ) if a PR hits the codebase? Do
we still intended to merge it and guide the contributor, or notify them
about the project is technically "dead"?

What about the open JIRA tickets? Is the whole Sqoop project and tickets
gonna be wiped from the JIRA as it's not a toplevel project anymore, or
should we still handle them as existing tasks to be solved ( by anyone in
their free time for fun)?

Thanks for the clarification,
Attila

Re: Questions around moving to Attic process

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On 2021/05/19 13:32:28, Attila Szabó <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...What should we ( I mean devs/commiters/etc. ) if a PR hits the codebase?...

> ...What about the open JIRA tickets?...

http://attic.apache.org/ and the pages that it links to should help answer those questions.

https://apache.org/dev/pmc.html#move-to-attic has more information on why projects move to the Attic.

-Bertrand (who stumbled on this thread while reviewing this month's Sqoop Board report)