Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/12/19 11:23:15 UTC

[VOTE] Metron Release Candidate 0.4.2-RC2

Colleagues,
This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Metron 0.4.2 and its associated metron-bro-plugin-kafka 0.1.0.
The release candidate is available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.2-RC2/

Full list of changes in this release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.2-RC2/CHANGES and
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.2-RC2/CHANGES.bro-plugin

The github tags to be voted upon are:
(apache/metron) apache-metron-0.4.2-rc2 and (apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka) 0.1

The source archives being voted upon can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.2-RC2/apache-metron-0.4.2-rc2.tar.gz
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.2-RC2/apache-metron-bro-plugin-kafka_0.1.0.tar.gz

The site-book is at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.2-RC2/site-book/index.html

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.2-RC2/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:
4169 AA27 ECB3 1663 in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.4.2-RC2/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Metron 0.4.2 and Apache Metron-bro-plugin-kafka 0.1.0

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

Recommended build validation and verification instructions are posted here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Verifying+Builds
or you are encouraged to try the new release verification script that Otto published via email on 11 Dec, available at
https://github.com/ottobackwards/Metron-and-Nifi-Scripts/blob/master/metron/metron-rc-check

This vote will be open until 9am PST on Friday 22 Dec 2017.

Thank you,
--Matt

Re: [VOTE] Metron Release Candidate 0.4.2-RC2

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.
Nevermind, it's just the internal apache release status wasn't updated.
Sorry, I updated it as part of the board report.  Let me make sure I update
teh docs for releasing.

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anand Subramanian <as...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding), also validated using Otto's script (super good work).

Downloaded, validated checksums/sigs, bulit, ran tests, spun up full-dev,
did some basic poking around.

Jon

--

Jon

Re: [VOTE] Metron Release Candidate 0.4.2-RC2

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Ran ->
https://github.com/ottobackwards/Metron-and-Nifi-Scripts/blob/master/metron/metron-rc-check

Download -> Fine
Key, signing check -> Fine
Build, all tests, build rpms -> Fine
Full Dev -> deployed
Verified -> Ambari, Storm-ui, Config-UI, Kibana dashboards

+1 ( binding )