Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/09/20 04:23:06 UTC

Apache 1.3 htdocs?

How are we supposed to get the htdocs for Apache 1.3 in the build
tree so that they can be installed?

Creating a symlink to a local httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs checkout
feels kind of silly.  -- justin

Re: Apache 1.3 htdocs?

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 07:50:02PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 September 2001 07:23 pm, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
> Why is this question coming up so much right now?  This is the third time
> it ha been answered in the last few weeks.  Can we create a FAQ entry?

I think something changed on the server side recently.  You did not
have to do this before - when I updated my 1.3 tree today, it removed
the htdocs directory (I did have -P in my .cvsrc).  -- justin

Re: Apache 1.3 htdocs?

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
On Wednesday 19 September 2001 07:23 pm, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

Why is this question coming up so much right now?  This is the third time
it ha been answered in the last few weeks.  Can we create a FAQ entry?

anyway, the answer is:

cvs co -P apache-1.3
cd apache-1.3
cvs co -P -d htdocs httpd-docs-1.3/htdocs

As long as you have the -P, CVS will remove the original htdocs directory,
and you will be able to check-out the new one.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org