Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Rook, Jared" <ja...@hp.com> on 2008/07/02 17:10:21 UTC

ftp

Good morning!

I am currently attempting to ftp hpux.connect.org.uk

In order to get the dependancies

apr apr_util bzip2 db expat gdbm gettext libiconv make ncurses neon openssl perl python readline zlib

To install subversion 1.5 onto my system.

Is there a user name and password available to me for this?

Do you know of a server and a depot that migt be available for an itanium 11.23 HPUX system that I might be able to use to help me set up my server

For 1.4.6
and
1.5
?

Thanks for your time, I apologize for all the questions.

Very Respectfully,
Jared Rook
Lab Technician
Hewlett-Packard
Colorado Springs, CO

Re: ftp

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 2, 2008, at 12:10, Rook, Jared wrote:

> I am currently attempting to ftp hpux.connect.org.uk
>
> In order to get the dependancies
>
> apr apr_util bzip2 db expat gdbm gettext libiconv make ncurses neon
> openssl perl python readline zlib
>
> To install subversion 1.5 onto my system.
>
> Is there a user name and password available to me for this?

I am not familiar with hpux.connect.org.uk. For questions about that
server you should ask the administrator of that server.

But it looks like the download links on that web site use the
username "ftp" with password "www-user". I was able to download from
their ftp site with no problem.

It looks like they also have http download URLs if the ftp ones
aren't working for you.

If you want to build from source, you could use the subversion-deps
package which contains the dependencies. It's available on the
Subversion downloads page.

> Do you know of a server and a depot that migt be available for an
> itanium 11.23 HPUX system that I might be able to use to help me
> set up my server
>
> For 1.4.6
> and
> 1.5
> ?

Binary packages are listed here:

http://subversion.tigris.org/getting.html#binary-packages

Of course as you've found, the HPUX packages there go to
hpux.connect.org.uk.