Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lars Karschen <La...@gmx.de> on 2002/02/18 13:47:52 UTC

Keeping it together

Hi,

is there anyone out there who's familiar with keep-properties?

My problem are rows of a table, which should all stay on one
page, since their content is linked to each other (one article
with all it's descriptive attributes for example)
The rows are not always the same number, because sometimes
there's less description than on other articles.
I tried to connect them via keep-with-next.within-page="always",
but there's no change on the output, maybe i overlooked something,
since i'm not sure if i understand the definition on the W3C-Page ;)

thanks in advance,

Lars

http://www.gmx.net

Re: Keeping it together

Posted by Jozef Chocholacek <Jo...@qbizm.com>.
Lars Karschen wrote:
> I tried to connect them via keep-with-next.within-page="always",
> but there's no change on the output, maybe i overlooked something,
> since i'm not sure if i understand the definition on the W3C-Page ;)

   You understand it good, but FOP has no or just a symbolic
implementation of this property(-ies). Keeps doesn't work in FOP :( It
is the most important feature to be implemented, from my point of view,
anything else works good enough for my purposes.

   Regards,

J.Ch.
--
Ing. Jozef Chocholacek                  Qbizm Technologies, Inc.
Chief Project Analyst                   ... the art of internet.