Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by ivana <i....@func.nl> on 2007/08/30 10:45:48 UTC

Wizards FeedbackPanel

Is there a way to remove/turn off Wizard's own feedbackpanel? Because now i
have two and i only want one....

I have an application that gets user input in a number of WizardSteps. Each
wizardstep has its own feedbackpanel.

This worked fine until i made the next-step-button the default button for
submitting. Now, if the input does not validate *and* the submit was done by
pressing <enter> the wizard's own feedbackpanel is shown as well as our own.

If the next-step button is clicked, and the input does not validate, only
our own (styled) feedbackpanel shows the errormessages.
(But if a previous submit caused the second feedbackpanel to appear, it will
still be there).

As expected, the second feedbackpanel's messages are updated only on
<enter>. Meaning that if, say 1 of 2 errors is seen to, and the next-step
button is clicked, one feedbackpanel shows one error less while the other
still shows both. On <enter> both feedbackpanels are updated.

Re: Wizards FeedbackPanel

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
You can override newFeedbackPanel method of wizard

protected FeedbackPanel newFeedbackPanel(String id) {
  FeedbackPanel fp = super.newFeedbackPanel(id);
  fp.setVisible(false);
  return fp;
}

-Matej