Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Vivek Ratnavel <vi...@apache.org> on 2018/01/11 18:58:10 UTC

Wait for pending Jenkins job before Merge

Hi Team,

I am happy that the jenkins job
<https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ambari/job/Github-PullRequest-Builder/>
works
as expected. It gets triggered on every new pull request and performs the
following tasks:

   - Validate the merge
   - Build Ambari
   - Run unit tests

The job will report failure if any one of these steps fail. Github UI will
show a pending check when the jenkins job is running.

Please merge the PR only after the job is complete.

Thanks​,
Vivek Ratnavel
​

Re: Wait for pending Jenkins job before Merge

Posted by Vivek Ratnavel <vi...@apache.org>.
This is the new url due to name change -
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-Github-PullRequest-Builder/9/console

Posted by Dmytro Grinenko <dg...@hortonworks.com>.

--
-Vivek Ratnavel S

Re: Wait for pending Jenkins job before Merge

Posted by Vivek Ratnavel <vi...@gmail.com>.

--
-Vivek Ratnavel S

Re: Wait for pending Jenkins job before Merge

Posted by Vivek Ratnavel <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi Attila,

Thanks for pointing this out. I have added "Delete workspace after build"
as a post action to the jenkins job. This should hopefully resolve those
issues in the future.

Thanks,
Vivek Ratnavel

Posted by "Doroszlai, Attila" <ad...@apache.org>.
Hi Vivek,

Sometimes the job seems to fail before checking out the change in the
pull request.

https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-Github-PullRequest-Builder/25/consoleText
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-Github-PullRequest-Builder/26/consoleText
https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-Github-PullRequest-Builder/27/consoleText

Here is a successful checkout for comparison:

https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-Github-PullRequest-Builder/21/consoleText