Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/19 16:18:58 UTC

[Axis2] Attachments Support

Team, Thilina,

DISCLAIMER: I hate last-minute surgery and i don't like refactoring so
late in the game

Having said that,  I was reviewing the code from Deepak [1] when it
hit me that org.apache.axiom.attachments is not required to be in
AXIOM at all!!! it can be safely moved to say for example
org.apache.axis2.core.attachments w/o any harm/modification to AXIOM
itself. This will help us rev attachments support better in Axis2 than
if we kept the code in AXIOM. Deepak's changes will help immensely in
streaming attachments especially for huge attachments basically by
giving an API on the server-side to get to the attachments ("API for
attachments")

What do you think? Are we game for one last major change since we are
going to cut rc2 on friday?

thanks,
dims

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-588

Re: [Axis2] Attachments Support

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
> But I feel  we should wait for the opinion from the guys who are
well I meant "We == I... "
Dims always belong  to the hard working for release category :) ..

Bare with me...;-)

~Thilina

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Personally I'm +1 for getting Attachment streaming in to Axis2 1.0..
Frankly I wasn't able to have a look at the patch:(..

0+ for the o.a.a.attachemnets move.(0+ because of the release, if not
+1 for that too)...

But I feel  we should wait for the opinion from the guys who are
working really hard on the release :)..

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Dropped the idea!...I do however want to ask one thing.

Eran,
Can we however please rename MimeHelper.java to Attachments.java?
Since it has all the API's to get to all the attachments? The
constants key is aptly named MTOMConstants.ATTACHMENTS :)

thanks,
dims