Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pulseguy <si...@myrdev.com> on 2010/02/12 01:14:54 UTC

ObjectMessage questions-

I am using activeMQ to host messages being passed between our linux DB server
and our windows print server.

Currently there is a legacy scp transfer in place, so the message system
only needs to pass filenames across  - although I am looking at passing
messages in future, it may be complicated by circumstance.

I was attempting to create a custom object to pass through activeMQ, as that
would allow an easy method to expand on to add files to the message system,
while not wasting my current dev time - however whenever I attempt to use a
non-java-native object (my own MessageObj class, which implements
serializable) I get errors such as:

javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from content. Serializable
class not available to broker. Reason: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
MessageObj

I imagine there is a folder in activeMQ to put the MessageObj class file in,
so that it is able to interact with them - but I cannot find it, or any
mention of something like that - anyone know what I am doing wrong / where
such a location would be?

Re: ObjectMessage questions-

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
Dropping a jar in the lib directory of your broker installation should do
it. Have you tried that?

On 12 February 2010 00:14, pulseguy <si...@myrdev.com> wrote:

> I am using activeMQ to host messages being passed between our linux DB
> server
> and our windows print server.
>
> Currently there is a legacy scp transfer in place, so the message system
> only needs to pass filenames across  - although I am looking at passing
> messages in future, it may be complicated by circumstance.
>
> I was attempting to create a custom object to pass through activeMQ, as
> that
> would allow an easy method to expand on to add files to the message system,
> while not wasting my current dev time - however whenever I attempt to use a
> non-java-native object (my own MessageObj class, which implements
> serializable) I get errors such as:
>
> javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from content. Serializable
> class not available to broker. Reason: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> MessageObj
>
> I imagine there is a folder in activeMQ to put the MessageObj class file
> in,
> so that it is able to interact with them - but I cannot find it, or any
> mention of something like that - anyone know what I am doing wrong / where
> such a location would be?

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com