Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Eugen Stan <eu...@netdava.com> on 2021/07/02 15:39:02 UTC

Re: Help need in running a standard web app in OFBiz plugins directory

I've read this thread and I would like to add my +1 for allowing OFBiz
to work (much easier) alongside other web apps.

I think this is somewhat related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-3500 .

More specifically to how OGBIz uses gradle - to dynamically add
components/plugins as gradle projects.

I'll make a proposal soon on ML to rethink how this is handled so that
we get more flexibility into how users can consume OFBIz.

Right now OFBiz consumption (and how it is being built/developed) is
opinionated and not suitable for all people.
For me it is strange that I can't use ofbiz entity and other framework
related code as a library.

Also, I'm sure there are web applications that might be deployed
alongside OFBiz.

Eugen Stan
+40720 898 747 / netdava.com

Re: Help need in running a standard web app in OFBiz plugins directory

Posted by Ivan Drinks Sr <iv...@reality-technology.com>.
Thank you Eugene!

In the real world things are not as perfect as it is in a lab environment.  New technology have to coexist with existing technology to be effective. And the technologist doesn’t get to demand what is and isn’t used and keep a paycheck.

Warm regards,
Ivan Sr