Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Gustavo Fernandes <gu...@eccentia.com> on 2001/10/26 15:46:06 UTC

C2 and Applets

Hello cocoon-users,

Has anyone used an applet interacting with cocoon 2 ? In my project,the
applet would have two use cases:

1) Show  data.This would be done by posting a parametrized request via HTTP
to cocoon and receive an XML.Then the applet would handle XML (parse).Here
the applet would simulate a browser...No problem...

2) Put data in DB.The user would enter data in a applet form and this
results must be inserted in the database.How can this possible be done with
the features of  C2 ?

I´m using Coccon 2 Rc1 deployed in  JBoss+tomcat on a w2k + SQL server
machine...

      Gustavo Nalle Fernandes
      gustavo@eccentia.com
      www.eccentia.com
      Rua Luigi Galvani, 42 cj. 61
      Tel [FAX] 55 11 5506.0444
      Cel: (11) 9229-2193
      São Paulo - BRASIL

AW: C2 and Applets

Posted by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>.
You can use an action for this task. This would make it possible to use a
html frontend transparently.

Perhaps, you should look for SOAP for greater flexibility - but my knowledge
is not enought for telling you exactly how this could be done.