Posted to users@maven.apache.org by VUB Stefan Seidel <ss...@vub.de> on 2008/02/20 14:14:06 UTC

Re: tgz in compile.classpath of antrun

Hi,

I think it is perfectly normal for any java program to ignore any
non-java files (like tgz) in the classpath or not to add them even if
requested. Maybe you should rather use another plugin (like
dependency-plugin) to extract the tgz into the target/classes or a
similar folder?

Stefan

Benoit Decherf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the classpath passed to antrun:
> If my project have a compile dependency on a tgz, the tgz doesn't appear
> in the maven.compile.classpath.
>
> I attache the example that reproduce the bug:
> In project A, just execute mvn install. It create several artifacts :
> A.jar A-jar-with-dependencies.jar, A.tar.bz2, etc...
> In project B:
>  mvn dependency:tree show all the dependencies
>  mvn compile just execute the antrun plugin and print the classpath.
>
> Can you confirm me that there is a bug ?
> Is there a workaround on this bug ?
>
> Benoit

best regards,

Stefan Seidel
software developer
________________________
VUB Printmedia GmbH
Chopinstraße 4
D-04103 Leipzig
Germany
tel.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 07
fax.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 92
mail.   sseidel@vub.de
web.    www.vub.de

HRB Köln 24015
UStID DE 122 649 251
GF Dr. Achim Preuss Neudorf,
Dr. Christian Preuss Neudorf

Re: tgz in compile.classpath of antrun

Posted by Benoit Decherf <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I'm not agree: I hope that the classpath on maven should be the same
that the classpath given to antrun plugin.

It's probably true that what i am doing is dirty, but we are massively
migrating projects to maven (~400 projects), and we can't write a clean
pom for each one, this will be done progressively.

Benoit