Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2007/12/17 15:59:55 UTC

Maven users, please try cxf-bundle......

I've been working on the maven-shade-plugin that we use to create the
bundle jar to hopefully make it produce deployable artifacts that are
actually usable from maven.    I'd like help testing that if at all
possible.

Basically, the with the old bundle, the jar was usable, but the pom
pretty much wasn't.   The dependencies were all optional and such so
trying to get the correct stuff was not fun.   Also, the source jar was
not available so debugging in eclipse sucked.

The new shade plugin has flags to create a source jar as well.   It also
can strip out the dependencies that were shaded and promote any of their
transitive dependencies into the pom.   The result is that the pom
should be usable as a dependency directly with the transitives all
picked up.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if any of you that are working with maven
projects that depend on CXF could give it a try.   I'm mostly curious if
the dependencies are all OK or not.   I've deployed new SNAPSHOTS of
both 2.0.4 and 2.1 that should be using this.

Thanks!
--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA