Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2005/10/27 10:15:42 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 28, 9 am PDT

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, October 28  at 9 am PDT to
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.
Dial-in numbers are:

866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

Test status (Michael W)
Query tests (Michael W)
Plans for work JDO-188 (Karan)
Detached objects (Matthew)
getObjectsById tests (Geoff)
ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin)
JPOX fixes/issues (Erik)
Other  issues and status (any and all)

Action Items from weeks past:

[Oct 14 2005]: ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) Model  issues:
can PC  classes be loaded by the bootstrap class loader? Yes.  Can PC
classes  be looked up by "any" model or only the model  associated with
the  class loader of the class? General agreement  that yes, this should
be  done. Implications for the public model  accessors. AI: Michael
will  work on the fix.

[Oct 14 2005]: AI: Martin will  start a Wiki page with 1.5 issues, to
be linked by the web site.

[Oct 14 2005]: AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has
into a list of  features that are/are not  not supported.

[Oct 14 2005]: AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.

[Oct 14 2005]: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress.
Several things  need to be updated, including project.properties,
project.xml and  maven.xml.

[Oct 14 2005]: API20 is missing setRange(String). AI: Craig update  the
api  project. Do it soon. JIRA issue JDO-181.

[Sep 2 2005]: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:
Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that Brian is
working on.

[Jul 8]  Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) Martin has
implemented and will check in.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to
access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating and
uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to trunk
called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will implement pushing SNAPSHOT builds of
the project to ibiblio.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly   builds.

[May 13 2005] AI Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to see
impact on enhancer.

[May 20 2005] AI Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if maven
can help.

-- Michelle

Minutes for JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 28, 9 am PDT

Posted by Martin Zaun <Ma...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michael Watzek, Martin Zaun, Karan Malhi

Michelle Caisse wrote:
> Test status (Michael W)

Michael W.:
   446 tests for application identity, 8 failing, 24 errors.
   446 tests for database identity, 8 failing, 22 errors.
   6 out of 28 configurations are failing.

> Query tests (Michael W)

Michael W.
- filed bug 194 (for 161) against jpox
- need to file a bug for 162 against jpox
- checked in patches for 161 and 162
- prepared patch for 163 (Michael B. is reviewing next week)
- started on a patch for 164

Michael B. noticed these query issues:
- jpox doesn't seem to allow for using static fields in queries
   (e.g. Integer.maxValue).  Will send email to discuss.
- jpox doesn't seem to report an error when comparing a character
   field with a string literal of more than one character.  Will
   send email to discuss whether this is the correct behaviour.

> Plans for work JDO-188 (Karan)

Karan will not be able to volunteer on this issue for the next
couple of weeks.

> Detached objects (Matthew)

Not discussed.

> getObjectsById tests (Geoff)

Not discussed.

> ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin)

Martin:
- created issue 195 and send a patch for review
- the patch does contain the classfile library support for signature
   attributes, but not the enhancer core changes to generate signatures
   for the JDO accessor, mutator, and jdoCopyField methods, which needs
   further discussion and might be addressed by a second patch.

> JPOX fixes/issues (Erik)

Not discussed.

> Other  issues and status (any and all)

Michael W. suggests that the person who created a JIRA issue shall
also promote it from 'resolved' to 'closed'.

Karan and Michael B. noticed that ANTL 1.7.5 lib was temporarily
removed from the ibiblio repository.  We learn from this that against
our expectation, (old) jar files may disappear from ibiblio.  Karan
will send an email to a maven expert.  To be discussed at next week's
meeting.

> Action Items from weeks past:
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) Model  issues:
> can PC  classes be loaded by the bootstrap class loader? Yes.  Can PC
> classes  be looked up by "any" model or only the model  associated with
> the  class loader of the class? General agreement  that yes, this should
> be  done. Implications for the public model  accessors. AI: Michael
> will  work on the fix.

Done. Michael B. checked in the classloader model changes fixing the
security manager tests.

> [Oct 14 2005]: AI: Martin will  start a Wiki page with 1.5 issues, to
> be linked by the web site.

In progress.  Created and linked Wiki pages for testing JDK 1.5 features
and the issues with PC classes of generic type and generating signature
attributes.  The later Wiki page needs further comments by Martin.

> [Oct 14 2005]: AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has
> into a list of  features that are/are not  not supported.
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress.
> Several things  need to be updated, including project.properties,
> project.xml and  maven.xml.
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: API20 is missing setRange(String). AI: Craig update  the
> api  project. Do it soon. JIRA issue JDO-181.

Done.