Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Aleksander M. Stensby" <al...@integrasco.no> on 2008/12/18 16:06:45 UTC

TermVectorComponent and SolrJ

Hello everyone, I've started to look at TermVectorComponent and I'm
experimenting with the use of the component in a sort of "top terms"
setting for a given query...
Was also looking at mlt and the interestingTerms, but I would like to do a
query, get say 10k results, and from those results return a list of "top
10 terms" or something similar...

Haven't really thought too much about it yet, but I was wondering if
anyone have done any work on making the term vector response available in
a simple manner with solrj yet? Or if this is planned? (In the same sense
as it is today with facets (response.getFacetFields() etc..). Not that I
cant manage to write it myself, but I would recon that more people than me
would be interessted in this. I'd be more than happy to contribute if it
is wanted, just wanted to check if anyone have started on this already or
not.

Cheers,
  Aleks

--
Aleksander M. Stensby
Senior software developer

Please consider the environment before printing all or any of this e-mail

Re: TermVectorComponent and SolrJ

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Dec 18, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Aleksander M. Stensby wrote:

> Hello everyone, I've started to look at TermVectorComponent and I'm
> experimenting with the use of the component in a sort of "top terms"
> setting for a given query...
> Was also looking at mlt and the interestingTerms, but I would like
> to do a query, get say 10k results, and from those results return a
> list of "top 10 terms" or something similar...
>
> Haven't really thought too much about it yet, but I was wondering if
> anyone have done any work on making the term vector response
> available in a simple manner with solrj yet? Or if this is planned?
> (In the same sense as it is today with facets
> (response.getFacetFields() etc..). Not that I cant manage to write
> it myself, but I would recon that more people than me would be
> interessted in this. I'd be more than happy to contribute if it is
> wanted, just wanted to check if anyone have started on this already
> or not.

I think this would be a welcome contribution.

-Grant