Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by wi...@virgilio.it on 2003/11/12 10:48:15 UTC

GenericMVCAction handling

In GenericMVCAction there are some things that i don't understand very well:
1- why we have to use the old eventSubmit_doXXXX form to execute an event
if the code that handle this aspect has been rewritten/copied into jetspeed.
Why don't use  a param called something like "portletAction"?  in that way
we'll have a clear distinction between Turbine and Jetspeed action and we
can limit Turbine action exclusively to internal use of Jetspeed and force
portlet developer to use "portletAction"  parameter.
2-if js_peid param is not defined, the action defined by eventSubmit_doXXXX
is executed by all portlets in current page if they have one method defined
in action class implementation with the same name. This is a *really* strange
behaviour. I think we can change this by includeing automatically in jslik
the js_peid, so a developer doesn't have to worry about it anymore.
3-if js_peid is defined, doPerform will be executed 2 times for portlet
action defined for portlet different from the portlet identified by js_peid,
the first time because of the test (js_peid == null || PortletSessionState.isMyRequest())
 (which is false) and the second at the exit of the same "if/else" after
the code of catch statement.

What do you think about it?
Comments are welcome...Thanks.

Ps. I'm  not english so if you don' t understand i try to explain better.