Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2013/09/06 22:57:34 UTC

[jena-spatial] release preparation

Ying,

I've had to make jena-spatial like jena-text - the embedded Solr support
has to be commented out.

Otherwise, the dependencies mean that the whole of Solr gets included on
the client side, specifically in Fuseki.  We don't have a proper Solr
testing environment with a free-standing Solr server.

Using Solr over http will work - that's just solr4j.

The thing that connects them at runtime time is the assembler
configuration.  The "embedded" option is now switched off.  While it is
useful for testing, embedded use for real deployments seems to be
discouraged - Lucene on it's own fulfils this role.

Could you also check the changes I've made to make sure I have done more
damage?

Presumably, with non-assembler based building of a spatial dataset it
will be possible to use embedded Solr for testing and so reenable many
of the test classes.  I haven't had time to do that (for spatial or text).

- - - - - - - - -

The tests seem to create files in

src/test/resources/SolrHome/SolrARQCollection/data

could you move that to target/... so that the source code tree is not
modified by the tests?

	Thanks
	Andy

Re: [jena-spatial] release preparation

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 08/09/13 06:13, Ying Jiang wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I can understand why to comment embedded Solr out. I've checked that
> all of your changes are acceptable.
>
> I've also moved the created files to target/... The code has been
> committed just now.
>
> Best regards,
> Ying Jiang

Ying,

Thanks - there may be a few more changes to setup as I'm trying to put
all the test logging on a solid foundation.  However, I'm discovering
that logging configuration for surefire is not entirely "predictable" :-(

	Andy

Posted by Ying Jiang <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,