Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/11 11:27:08 UTC

Podling cross-check inconsistency

https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/podling-crosscheck

shows Mostafa Mokhtar to be on Impala but not an Incubator committer

Now https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/mmokhtar shows he IS an
incubator committer.

Yet https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/incubator does not show him.

I think there are two problems here:

1) Whimsy has not been fully updated to use Project instead of Group
for 'incubator'
2) The Project 'incubator' membership does not agree with the
Incubator unix group

Re: Podling cross-check inconsistency

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 10:55 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 June 2017 at 15:11, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 7:27 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/podling-crosscheck
>>>
>>> shows Mostafa Mokhtar to be on Impala but not an Incubator committer
>>>
>>> Now https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/mmokhtar shows he IS an
>>> incubator committer.
>>>
>>> Yet https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/incubator does not show him.
>>>
>>> I think there are two problems here:
>>>
>>> 1) Whimsy has not been fully updated to use Project instead of Group
>>> for 'incubator'
>>> 2) The Project 'incubator' membership does not agree with the
>>> Incubator unix group
>>
>> Good catch!
>>
>> #1 is work in progress.
>>
>> #2 will increasingly be so; but in this case a person was added (via
>> the whimsy roster tool) as I was in the process of changing it.
>> FIxed.
>
> I'm still seeing the following discrepancies when comparing projects
> against LDAP group for incubator:
>
> In members not in group: maskit,mmerli

Recently added, not an issue.  Group should no longer be maintained,
but is still present until we are confident that removing it won't
break anything.

> In group not in members: nishant,xsheng

These are new committers, so that new account request logic needs to
be updated.  Instead of doing that piecemeal as we migrate PMCs, it
probably is best to do it after all PMCs have been converted.

> The rosters for owners and LDAP committee agree for incubator.

Thanks!

- Sam Ruby

Re: Podling cross-check inconsistency

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 7:27 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/podling-crosscheck
>
> shows Mostafa Mokhtar to be on Impala but not an Incubator committer
>
> Now https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committer/mmokhtar shows he IS an
> incubator committer.
>
> Yet https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/incubator does not show him.
>
> I think there are two problems here:
>
> 1) Whimsy has not been fully updated to use Project instead of Group
> for 'incubator'
> 2) The Project 'incubator' membership does not agree with the
> Incubator unix group

Good catch!

#1 is work in progress.

#2 will increasingly be so; but in this case a person was added (via