Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sachin S. Khanna" <em...@vsnl.com> on 2001/02/02 11:02:17 UTC

Run Tomcat as a Standalone

Hello,
    I have downloaded the jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m5.zip file and extracted it in the c:\tomcat folder.
I have also added the following lines in my autoexec.bat
set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.2
set TOMCAT_HOME=c:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m5
now when i run the startup command from the c:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m5\bin folder, tomcat starts and shuts down after flashing some errors.
I'd appreciate if you guys can help me with this problem. Do i have to do any other steps to run tomcat as a standalone server.
I'm doing the above on a machine running Windows 98.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Have a nice day.
With regards,
Sachin S. Khanna.
www.emailanorder.com

Re: Run Tomcat as a Standalone

Posted by R N Mukherjee <rn...@rdcis.bih.nic.in>.
Download the file(100KB) at the following and your problem will be over in
10seconds.

http://www.geocities.com/jdrudnicki/