Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Walter Chang <md...@hotmail.com> on 2006/09/26 14:46:10 UTC

Cocoon optional blocks

Hi,

I was wondering if you could provide any information on including Cocoon
optional blocks such as the
'blocks\databases\java\org\apache\cocoon\reading\DatabaseReader.java'.

I built Cocoon 2.1.9 with the default blocks.properties, which I think
includes all the Cocoon components.  I see DatabaseReader.class so I assume
it is compiled successfully. However, DatabaseReader.class, as well as other
blocks, are not in cocoon.jar file, which is what I import into my current
project. As a result, I'm not able to use these optional Cocoon components.

I'm wondering what I need to do to use the optional blocks in my project.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Walter

Re: Cocoon optional blocks

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 9/26/06, Walter Chang <md...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> ...However, DatabaseReader.class, as well as other
> blocks, are not in cocoon.jar file,...

with the 2.1.x build system, each block gets its own jar, the database
block classes, for example, can be found in
build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-databases-block.jar

-Bertrand