Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Mohamad Hussein Kamal <mo...@outlook.com> on 2018/11/16 17:00:48 UTC

[Dispatch Router] A message is not routed as expected

Hello,

I have a topology consisting of one qpid dispatch router v1.3.0 and one qpid brokerJ v7.0.3.
A configured topic "myDestination" with an alternate binding "DLQ", and a queue "mySubscription" subscribed to that topic with binding key #.
The dispatch router has 10 configured connectors to the broker and 10 configured autolinks for each address.

When sending a message with qpid jms v0.11.1 to "myDestination", I expect to consume the message from "mySubscription". But sometimes the message is randomly routed into "DLQ".
Is there any explanation why this is taking place?
Note that this randomness was not noticed with qpid dispatch router v0.7.0

Best Regards,

Mohamad Hussein Kamal

Re: [Dispatch Router] A message is not routed as expected

Posted by Mohamad Hussein Kamal <mo...@outlook.com>.
Hello,

The multiple connectors are used for a better performance outcome. Our use-case consists of sending thousands of messages, and a large connection pool size helps in reducing the latency.
Looking at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-1172, I see that there might be a problem with the connectors' identification which might be leading to this randomness.

Best Regards,

Mohamad Hussein Kamal

________________________________
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 12:01 PM Mohamad Hussein Kamal <
mohamadhussein.kamal@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a topology consisting of one qpid dispatch router v1.3.0 and one
> qpid brokerJ v7.0.3.
> A configured topic "myDestination" with an alternate binding "DLQ", and a
> queue "mySubscription" subscribed to that topic with binding key #.
> The dispatch router has 10 configured connectors to the broker and 10
> configured autolinks for each address.

You are opening multiple connectors to the same broker. Is there a reason
for that? Can you just use one connector ? Your problem might be related to
-

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.