Posted to users@solr.apache.org by HariBabu kuruva <ha...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/11 05:57:59 UTC

Solr Upgrade

Hi All,

I would like to upgrade Solr from 8.11.1 to 8.11.2.

Please help me with the steps I should follow so that the existing solr
data is not affected. Thanks.

--

Thanks and Regards,
 Hari

Re: Solr Upgrade

Posted by HariBabu kuruva <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jai dutt,

Thanks for your reply.

The main reason I am thinking of the upgrade is that : I have recently
upgraded ZK to 3.7.1 after which in the Solr console,
I see the  error: "Java Socket Exception " when I click the ZK status page.
So to address this issue  I came to know that we have to upgrade Solr to
8.11.2.

Please give your suggestions/inputs on this.

--

Thanks and Regards,
 Hari

Re: Solr Upgrade

Posted by jai dutt <gh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr Upgrade

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Just retain your SOLR_HOME folder with all your data and point your new install to the same. If SolrCloud, point to the same Zookeeper.

Assuming you installed a standalone single node Solr with the Linux installation script, then your solr unpack wil be in /opt/solr-8.11.1, with a symbolic link from /opt/solr, and your data will be at /var/solr/data.

You can then run the installation script for 8.11.2 with the -f option, which will install 8.11.2 in /opt/solr-8.11.2 and change the symbolic link to point to the new install. Your data will be left unchanged, and a stop/start is all you need.

Detailed instructions in for the install script in https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/deployment-guide/taking-solr-to-production.html#service-installation-script <https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/deployment-guide/taking-solr-to-production.html#service-installation-script> and for the upgrade process in https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/deployment-guide/upgrading-a-solr-cluster.html <https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/deployment-guide/upgrading-a-solr-cluster.html>

If you have installed in some other way, follow the same principle of retaining your SOLR_HOME. If you have a Cloud cluster, upgrade one node at a time.

Jan