Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Bob Bronson <rb...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/05 02:43:43 UTC

My Classpath Should be Separate From Ant's

Hi All,

I tracked down a problem I'm having to the fact that when Ant compiles
my code (using the <javac> task), it uses the "Ant execution
classpath". What I'm saying is that the same classpath Ant sets up for
itself in order to run is also used as the classpath when compiling
*my* code.

In the <javac> task, set the "verbose" attribute to "yes" and you will
see tons of Ant-supplied JARs. I don't want to go into too many details
except to say that it causes versioning problems when my code is
compiled against those JARs and then run against different JARs.

I was hoping to tell the <javac> task something like, "compile my code
against these JARs AND THESE JARS ONLY. Do not consider the JARs needed
by Ant as part of my classpath".

I hope this is making sense. Is there a way to specify this?

Thanks very much.

Bob

Re: My Classpath Should be Separate From Ant's

Posted by Bob Bronson <rb...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, Jeff, This is *exactly* what I was missing. I haven't worked
with Ant in a while and I guess I was a little careless in reading the
docs.

Thanks again.

Bob

Posted by Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>.