Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Arun Purushothaman <en...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/02 22:51:30 UTC

New Contributor - Introduction

Hello,

My name is Arun Purushothaman and I am interested in contributing to the
Apache Software Foundation.

A little bit of my background:

I am currently working in Oracle as a Software engineer and I write code
day in, day out. I write mobile applications using Oracle Mobile
Application Framework which in turn uses Apache Cordova to render the UI.
That is how I fell in love with the Apache Cordova libraries. In my day to
day job, I deal with Java, Javascript, HTML and CSS.

I also have a Master's degree in Computer Science from North Carolina State
University and a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from B.M.S.
College of Engineering, Bangalore, India.

I plan to contribute on a regular basis to Apache Cordova project by fixing
bugs/ developing enhancements. And above all I look forward to meet some of
the great minds working on this wonderful project.

Looking forward for working with you guys!

--
Best Wishes,
Arun Purushothaman

Re: New Contributor - Introduction

Posted by Arun Purushothaman <en...@gmail.com>.
Hello Carlos,

I am glad to be welcomed by a Wolfpack family member! \m/

I have already set up my git repositories and I was able to build my first
hello world application using cordova last night. So far everything is very
smooth and easy (kudos to the documentation team!)

I would like to contribute more towards Cordova-Android project. I cloned
this <git://git.apache.org/cordova-android.git> git repository.
Also if you can point me to some simple bugs that I can fix to get my feet
wet that would be great!

Also any tips/pointers/orientation for a newbie will be highly appreciated.
And I was curious to know if you guys happen to have any local meet-up
groups ( I live in Orlando, FL)

Looking forward to work with you guys!

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Arun