Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/07/17 16:09:49 UTC

[DISCUSS] New Announcement Text

All,

during our last release, it was noted that our announcement template was
kind of bland, didn't give people much info about DeltaSpike.  You can see
the current version here:
https://github.com/apache/deltaspike/blame/master/site/src/main/asciidoc/steps_for_a_release.adoc#L211
(apologies
for linking to the blame, github is converting it to preview mode... :-( )

Anyways, I wanted to propose using this text in the template instead, to
give a broader feel for our feature set:

Apache DeltaSpike is  a suite of portable CDI extensions intended to make
application development easier when working with CDI and Java EE.  Some of
its key features include:

- A core runtime that supports component configuration, type safe messaging
and internatlization, and exception handling.
- A suite of utilities to make programmatic bean lookup easier.
- A plugin for Java SE to bootstrap both JBoss Weld and Apache OpenWebBeans
outside of a container.
- JSF integration, including backporting of JSF 2.2 features for Java EE 6.
- JPA integration and transaction support.
- A Data module, to create an easy to use repository pattern on top of JPA.
- Quartz integration

Testing support is also provided, to allow you to do low level unit testing
of your CDI enabled projects.

More can be found on our website - https://deltaspike.apache.org

WDYT?

John