Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/10 20:06:36 UTC

Tuscany Hello World Async Sample

Hi guys,

I am trying to run HelloWorld Async Sample. I was able
to successffully build the sample. But when i am
trying to deploy it on tomcat 5.5.17 I am getting
following exception

org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.ServletLauncherInitException:
org.apache.tuscany.spi.component.TargetException:
Error initializing component instance [extender]
        at
org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebappRuntimeImpl.initialize(WebappRuntimeImpl.java:147)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.TuscanyContextListener.contextInitialized(TuscanyContextListener.java:74)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3729)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4187)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.tomcat.TuscanyHost.addChild(TuscanyHost.java:133)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:809)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:698)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.tomcat.TuscanyHost.start(TuscanyHost.java:72)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
Caused by:
org.apache.tuscany.spi.component.TargetException:
Error initializing component instance [extender]
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.PojoAtomicComponent.init(PojoAtomicComponent.java:96)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.component.scope.InstanceWrapperImpl.start(InstanceWrapperImpl.java:49)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.component.scope.ModuleScopeContainer.eagerInitComponents(ModuleScopeContainer.java:145)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.component.scope.ModuleScopeContainer.onEvent(ModuleScopeContainer.java:72)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.spi.component.AbstractSCAObject.publish(AbstractSCAObject.java:94)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.publish(AbstractCompositeComponent.java:139)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.start(AbstractCompositeComponent.java:106)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebappRuntimeImpl.initialize(WebappRuntimeImpl.java:127)
        ... 27 more
Caused by:
org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.ObjectCallbackException:
Exception thrown by callback method [public void
org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebResourceScanExtender.init()]
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.MethodEventInvoker.invokeEvent(MethodEventInvoker.java:46)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.PojoAtomicComponent.init(PojoAtomicComponent.java:94)
        ... 34 more
Caused by:
org.apache.tuscany.services.maven.TuscanyDependencyException:
Unable to resolve artifact:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.services.bindings:axis2:1.0-incubator-M2:jar
[org.apache.tuscany.sca.services.bindings:axis2:1.0-incubator-M2:jar]
        at
org.apache.tuscany.services.maven.MavenArtifactRepository.resolve(MavenArtifactRepository.java:72)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeLoader.load(CompositeLoader.java:99)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeLoader.load(CompositeLoader.java:55)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.load(LoaderRegistryImpl.java:92)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.load(LoaderRegistryImpl.java:109)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.system.loader.SystemCompositeComponentTypeLoader.loadFromSidefile(SystemCompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:68)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.system.loader.SystemCompositeComponentTypeLoader.load(SystemCompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:59)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.system.loader.SystemCompositeComponentTypeLoader.load(SystemCompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:38)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.loadComponentType(LoaderRegistryImpl.java:159)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.deployer.DeployerImpl.load(DeployerImpl.java:101)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.deployer.DeployerImpl.deploy(DeployerImpl.java:76)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.services.extension.AbstractExtensionDeployer.deployExtension(AbstractExtensionDeployer.java:104)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebResourceScanExtender.init(WebResourceScanExtender.java:80)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.MethodEventInvoker.invokeEvent(MethodEventInvoker.java:42)
        ... 35 more

I have verified i have axis2-1.0-incubator-M2.jar file
in WEB-INF\tuscany\extensions directory and also in my
maven repository. Can somebody please help?

thank you,
muhwas

Re: Tuscany Hello World Async Sample

Posted by muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the help ant. It worked! :)

--- ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/12/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
> I was hoping someone was going to jump in here with
> a bright idea;-) The
> > error doesn't look to me like it's a firewall
> issue it looks like the axis
> > jar mentioned isn't in the right place. Unless
> "Unable to resolve
> > artifact:"
> > means here that it can't go and get some jar that
> axis depends on.
>

> I think this _is_ what it means, there's dependency
> jars that the axis
> binding requires that are got with maven at runtime
> and thats failing and
> the error message isn't very helpful. There seems to
> be various problems
> with how the M2 samples are done with using maven
> getting dependencies at
> runtime, try changing to use offline mode. There's
> several mails related to
> this in the archives along the lines of:
>
> add this context-param to the
> src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\web.xml:
>
>   <context-param>
>     <param-name>tuscany.online</param-name>
>     <param-value>false</param-value>
>   </context-param>
>
> set loadExtensionDependencies from false to true in
> the pom.xml:

<loadExtensionDependencies>true</loadExtensionDependencies>

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 4/11/07, muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > > >

> org.apache.tuscany.core.component.scope.ModuleScopeContainer.onEvent(
> > > >

> org.apache.tuscany.spi.component.AbstractSCAObject.publish(
> > > >

> org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.publish
> > > >

> org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.start
> > > >

> org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebappRuntimeImpl.initialize(
> > > >

> org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.ObjectCallbackException:
> > > >

> org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebResourceScanExtender.init()]
> > > >

> org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.MethodEventInvoker.invokeEvent(
> >
> === message truncated ===

> Hi Muhwas

I was hoping someone was going to jump in here with a bright idea;-) The
error doesn't look to me like it's a firewall issue it looks like the axis
jar mentioned isn't in the right place. Unless "Unable to resolve artifact:"
means here that it can't go and get some jar that axis depends on. To try
and narrow this down a bit did you have any success getting the more
simplistic tuscany sca helloworld web service sample working in the
situation where you are running behind the firewall? Or do none of the web
service samples work in that situation?

Regards

Simon

Re: Tuscany Hello World Async Sample

Posted by muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com>.

--- muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > > AbstractSCAObject.java:94)
> > >         at

org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.publish
> > > (AbstractCompositeComponent.java:139)
> > >         at

org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.start
> > > (AbstractCompositeComponent.java:106)
> > >         at

org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebappRuntimeImpl.initialize(
> > > WebappRuntimeImpl.java:127)
> > >         ... 27 more
> > > Caused by:

org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.ObjectCallbackException:
> > > Exception thrown by callback method [public void

org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebResourceScanExtender.init()]
> > >         at

org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.MethodEventInvoker.invokeEvent(

=== message truncated ===

Re: Tuscany Hello World Async Sample

Posted by muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com>.

--- muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > > AbstractSCAObject.java:94)
> > >         at

org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.publish
> > > (AbstractCompositeComponent.java:139)
> > >         at

org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.AbstractCompositeComponent.start
> > > (AbstractCompositeComponent.java:106)
> > >         at

org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebappRuntimeImpl.initialize(
> > > WebappRuntimeImpl.java:127)
> > >         ... 27 more
> > > Caused by:

org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.ObjectCallbackException:
> > > Exception thrown by callback method [public void

org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebResourceScanExtender.init()]
> > >         at

org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.MethodEventInvoker.invokeEvent(

=== message truncated ===

Re: Tuscany Hello World Async Sample

Posted by muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com>.
yeah i am using Tuscany M2

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
> [...]
>         at
> org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebResourceScanExtender.init(
> WebResourceScanExtender.java:80)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java
> :39)
>         at
> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.tuscany.core.injection.MethodEventInvoker.invokeEvent(
> MethodEventInvoker.java:42)
>         ... 35 more
>
> I have verified i have axis2-1.0-incubator-M2.jar file
> in WEB-INF\tuscany\extensions directory and also in my
> maven repository. Can somebody please help?

Is this on the Tuscany M2 release? I haven't tried it on M2 but I could go
and give it a go if that's what you are using.

Regards

Simon