Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Juancarlo A�ez <ju...@suigeneris.org> on 2002/02/27 23:30:38 UTC

[VOTE][maven][jrcs] Removing dependency on a regexp package

I always thought that using a regexp package to do do keyword substitutions in JRCS was overkill. I did it that way originally only because it was easy and fast.

The only regular expressions JRCS has to deal with are of the form:

Where Name is one of the RCS keywords. The replacements are applied on a line by line basis, so it should be fairly easy to write a routine that takes care of them.

I propose that the dependency over a regexp package be removed. It doesn't have to be done right away, but it should be added to the TODO list.

+1

Against removing regexps: if a regexp package is already available, then there code that can be made simpler by using it.

In favor: people pulling ing JRCS into their work would not need to pull in a regexp package. JRCS is only about 64K in jars. ORO is another 78K.

Juanco
--
Ing. Juancarlo Añez
Modelistica