Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by georg <ge...@telia.com> on 2013/04/13 13:45:59 UTC

[users@httpd] fedora - apache

Hi,

Ive taken to installing fedora version linux on a PC, intend to run as a server down the line

I have seen some documentation that indicate that some version (2.2?) of Apache is
included in the fedora dist.

Does anyone have any information of how to find such a package and whether these
are good things or if I should go for downloading other version

Tnx
Georg

Re: [users@httpd] fedora - apache

Posted by Michiel Beijen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Georg,

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM, georg <ge...@telia.com> wrote:

> Ive taken to installing fedora version linux on a PC, intend to run as a
> server down the line
>
> I have seen some documentation that indicate that some version (2.2?) of
> Apache is
> included in the fedora dist.
>
> Does anyone have any information of how to find such a package and whether
> these
> are good things or if I should go for downloading other version

Since Fedora 18 it ships Apache 2.4.x and I would strongly recommend
using it, it's very convenient to get your package upgrades from a
distributor as opposed to rolling your own.

Of course, if you have a very specific use case, you might want to
choose otherwise.
--
Mike

Re: [users@httpd] fedora - apache

Posted by Michiel Beijen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Georg,

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 3:35 PM, georg <ge...@telia.com> wrote:

> Possibly you have a hint for where im stuck just now:  Cant find any
> ethernet device on the PC im digging into.
> (new to linux/fedora, but shurely there should be some eth ??)

I'm quite sure the ethernet device will be recognized and configured.
It can be that it's simply not activated. Please read
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/System_Administrators_Guide/part-Networking.html
--
Mike

Re: [users@httpd] fedora - apache

Posted by georg <ge...@telia.com>.
Tnx a million for all substancial advice, have been needing to work so
will check an test your clues and come back soon.

Georg

Posted by John Iliffe <jo...@iliffe.ca>.

=======================================

Posted by georg <ge...@telia.com>.
Hi again,

listing with lspci does not give any ethernet indiactive for any Hw.

what I possibly could think of is that the LAN-socket (with the actual LAN
connectivity symbol on it)
is placed phycially close to USB ports, so it might go with USB designated
Hw without showing
explicitly "ethernet". Could it be so, I have a set of USB denoted devices
in the lspci listing,
what to look for ?

BR georg

Posted by Adam Dosch <ad...@wisehippy.com>.

Posted by Jim Albert <ji...@netrition.com>.

Posted by georg <ge...@telia.com>.
right ifconfig only comes up with local loop i-f,

so does that mean there is no Hw on the machine for eth ?  (there is a distinct plugg looking IPish :)

/georg
  > Possibly you have a hint for where im stuck just now:  Cant find any ethernet > device on the PC im digging into.
  Perhaps there is no NIC detected.
  if you run ifconfig and lspci, you should be able to determine if that is the case

  HTH

  Kind regards/met vriendelijke groet,

  Serge Fonville

  http://www.sergefonville.nl

  Convince Microsoft!
  They need to add TRUNCATE PARTITION in SQL Server
  https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/417926/truncate-partition-of-partitioned-table

    Terrific, tnx.

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "How7" <ho...@freeshell.org>

Posted by Serge Fonville <se...@gmail.com>.