Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@jtcsv.com> on 2000/06/01 02:46:23 UTC

Re: Anybody know why xerces won't build?

On the makefiles, I don't understand. I compile xerces everyday on my
win2000 box using cygwin. I just tried fetching the file
Xerces-J-src.1.0.4.zip from the web server, unzipped it, typed make, and
it worked just fine. You seem to be using bash so this shouldn't be
necessary but could you try again with MAKE_MODE=unix in your
environment?

About ant, some people here use it now. So I expect it to be maintained
from now on. However, not everybody likes it, and in particular not
everybody likes the current build.xml file. So I don't expect the
makefiles to disappear quite yet.

Re: Anybody know why xerces won't build?

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@jtcsv.com>.
Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Yes I just tried MAKE_MODE=unix to no avail.
>
> What does you output to make -d | less look like?
>
> Do you see ^M's?

No, I don't see any of those. Maybe it comes from how you unzipped the
distrib file?
Anyway, one easy way to fix this problem is to run the following
command:

find xerces-1_0_4 -name 'Makefile*' -exec sh -c "tr -d '\015' <{} >tmp
&& mv tmp {} && echo {}" \;

This should remove all the carriage return characters from the
Makefiles.

RE: Anybody know why xerces won't build?

Posted by Robert Nicholson <ro...@elastica.com>.