Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Roland Scholz <ro...@pb.izm.fhg.de> on 2001/10/10 08:19:39 UTC

Newbie: Cocoon2.0rc1 with Tomcat 3.2.3 on RedHat Linux 7.1

I can't get Cocoon 2.0rc1 working.
I installed Tomcat3.2.3 and it worked (I tried all the examples).
After that I installed Cocoon 2.0rc1 (no problems during the
installation). If I access the URI 'http://localhost/cocoon/' with my
browser, I get the following error:
Cocoon 2 - Internal servlet error

type internal-servlet-error

message Internal servlet error

description Cocoon was not initialized.

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon

exception

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
trying to load configurations

stacktrace

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error
trying to load configurations
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:275)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:198)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:727)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:204)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOnStartupInterceptor.java:130)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(ContextManager.java:491)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:453)
	at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:195)
	at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

I have no clue what the problem is.
Any help?

	Roland Scholz

Re: Newbie: Cocoon2.0rc1 with Tomcat 3.2.3 on RedHat Linux 7.1

Posted by Roland Scholz <ro...@pb.izm.fhg.de>.
Karl Oie wrote:

> i see, try to hunt down all jaxp.jar, crimson.jar and parser.jar files
> inside tomcat and delete them.
>
> then put xerces.jar FIRST in the classpath of your system and edit the
> tomcat.sh file so it puts the system classpath first instead of it's own.
This works! :-)

Thanks a lot,

Posted by Karl Oie <ka...@gan.no>.
i see, try to hunt down all jaxp.jar, crimson.jar and parser.jar files
inside tomcat and delete them.

then put xerces.jar FIRST in the classpath of your system and edit the
tomcat.sh file so it puts the system classpath first instead of it's own.

this is a problem i have encountered in catalina (tomcat 4.0) since it has
crimson.jar and jaxp.jars all over :-)

it's perhaps possible to make cocoon run with crimson, but i don't know how.

mvh karl

Posted by Roland Scholz <ro...@pb.izm.fhg.de>.