Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2014/11/26 10:06:03 UTC

[TTH] The old fart is back, aka let's fix this community ;-)

Hi Flex community,

I had private discussions with both Justin and Alex in the last few
days, and as a former incubation mentor of this project it saddens me
to hear that you're having difficulties agreeing on things, so I'm
back here to try and help.

It's not uncommon in Apache projects to disagree, not at all...there's
some things on which people will never agree (especially in email)
although neither side is right or wrong. The usual answer is to make
things more modular, and I think the Apache HTTP server project is the
best example of that. Very modular!

I'll start another thread on the english vs. international language issue.
I'll use a [TTH] marker in those emails, as in "trying to help" ;-)

-Bertrand
(BTW I'm not "the board member who's been trying to follow" - I'm
intentionally not subscribing to your private list at the moment, even
though as an Apache member I could)

Re: [TTH] The old fart is back, aka let's fix this community ;-)

Posted by Chris Martin <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hey Bertrand,

Welcome back and thank you for taking the time to give us some guidance.

Chris

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I second that.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Bertand,

The situation has been getting out of hand a bit, and the project
certainly can use some guidance and arbitration at the moment.

Having said that, I'm sorry you have to spend time on this and hope
that soon we'll have a consensus on how to handle the various
situations/issues that seem to be causing us so much trouble.

But for now, let me be the first to say: "Thank you for helping out!"

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [TTH] The old fart is back, aka let's fix this community ;-)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I'm intentionally not subscribing to your private list at the moment...

FWIW, I have also subscribed to that list now, as I felt I didn't have
the complete picture.

-Bertrand