Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by raddad555 <wb...@comcast.net> on 2014/04/23 17:32:19 UTC

Leaving the world of SQL, need some basic guidance and/or ideas

Anyone that has worked with SQL has sometime used views to allow the server
to do have results sets handled by the server . I am looking for an
equivalent in hbase and any other business logic thoughts or ideas that
would take some weight off of the application side of the equation.

Re: Leaving the world of SQL, need some basic guidance and/or ideas

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Use this link in the interim:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://blogs.apache.org/hbase/entry/coprocessor_introduction

Please also consider using Filter:
https://hbase.apache.org/book/client.filter.html

Cheers

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudreault@hubspot.com

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
2nd'ed... That is *exactly* what Phoenix was built to do.

Posted by raddad555 <wb...@comcast.net>.
yes i saw that but presently working with a mongo db , so not so much looking
for syntax preservation but thanks.

Re: Leaving the world of SQL, need some basic guidance and/or ideas

Posted by Jesse Yates <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by raddad555 <wb...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Bryan Beaudreault <bb...@hubspot.com>.