Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Zhang, Wayne" <wz...@visa.com> on 2012/12/11 23:01:59 UTC

how to separate frontend from backend

Since I could not get 2.0M8 for Solaris, I wonder if anyone knows how to separate frontend from backend in 1.5.7.

Thanks.

Wayne

Re: how to separate frontend from backend

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
there is no such thing as such, you can add a new 'backend' but this means
implementing Partition
interface to store the data(based on the storage mechanism,
in-memory/file/DBMS etc) but there is no such separation
as in frontend and backend

HTH

--
Kiran Ayyagari