Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Anders Hedström <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/14 10:01:28 UTC

stupid problem on Red Hat?

Hi all,

I'm having a silly problem trying to run a simple java app on red hat.
I develop the app on windows and the app runs fine there. Then when I
try to run it on red hat I get an exception saying: log4j:ERROR Could
not parse file [sample1.xml]

The app I'm running is the XmlSample from the log4j distribution.

When I set the system property log4j.debug and run the app, the only
difference I can see between the two environments are that on red hat
xerces is used as jaxp impl and on windows crimson is used:

red hat:
log4j: DocumentBuilderFactory is:
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

windows:
log4j: DocumentBuilderFactory is:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

If I remove SYSTEM "log4j.dtd" from the DOCTYPE in the log4j conf file
I'm using, the app runs fine on red hat except for some warnings when
the app starts up.

But, why can't I just leave the log4j configuration file as is on RH? Any ideas?

Greatful for any input!

(I'm using java version (build 1.4.1_04-b01) on RH and java version
build (1.4.2_10-b03) on win and log4j version 1.2.14)

Cheers
//Anders