Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Trasca Virgil <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/07 18:43:53 UTC

Multithreading in HiveMind

Hi,

   I have a question related with how is multithrreading implemented in HiveMind. I know that HiveMind tries to "take the responsibility" of  instantiating threads for the IoC components. I am new to HiveMind and if what I am saying is wrong please correct me. But on the other hand how is handled the following situation.

I am trying to integrate Quartz (http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/) into HiveMind framework. Quartz is also trying to manage the threads by his own claiming that the performance will be better and the user will not have any headaches with complicated stuff. So HiveMind is creating threads when he thinks is necessary in the same time Quartz creates some other threads when he thinks is necessary...and maybe I will also come with some other threads that I will consider I need. Is this a real risk to get a mess or I just don't have enough knowledge about HiveMind and I am asking stupid questions?

Thank you,
Virgil

Re: Multithreading in HiveMind

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
It's not a very smart way of trying out things ... but here it is...

I've read hivemind handles generating instacnes for each thread
in the background (for threaded services of course, ... and pooled)

However to feel comfortable with my code and my usage of hivemind
I've created simple "tests" where I've made few threads use the same
service,
and generate console output to make sure i've understood the concepts
correctly.

Davor Hrg

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.