Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Smith <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/24 20:30:47 UTC

Re: OAS and jserv

Can Oracle Application Server/Apache be integrated
with Tomcat (presumably using mod_jk) instead of the
JServ it ships with?  Anyone done it?

I'm stuck using Oracle Application Server and I wish
to deploy Java-based apps using Tomcat instead of the
shipped JServ engine.  Someone has previously asked
the list and I didn't see any reponses.  From reading
bits and pieces I gather that it may be possible, but
it might be hairy and it's probably not supported.

I may have the option of upgrading to Oracle9iAS,
which offers the new Oracle Enterprise Java Engine
which looks like it does what Tomcat can.

Comments?

--Peter--

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

Re: OAS and jserv

Posted by Anne Dirkse <al...@uswest.net>.
Peter --
Yes, you can integrate Tomcat with OAS (at least according to the
documentation I've read). I was not able to find any evidence that it
was supported, however. Given that, and the horrible performance we were
experiencing with OAS our project decided to give up on OAS altogether
(or until 9iAS looks like a reasonable option), so luckily I didn't have
to go down that path. I can dig up some documentation though, if it
would be helpful.
Anne