Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Balakrishna Reddy <Ba...@LOSTWAX.COM> on 2001/04/30 17:44:35 UTC

clarification

Hi,
Here i am getting some problem as explained below , it would be helpful if
you could through some light.

 I am trying to build pdf file using the program XalanCommandline by using
command shown below.

jview XalanCommandLine test1.xml test1.xsl test1.pdf

the above command is giving runtime error as shown below

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/awt/image/ColorModel: method hasAlpha()Z
not found
        at org/apache/fop/image/GifJpegImage.loadImage
(GifJpegImage.java:95)
        at org/apache/fop/image/AbstractFopImage.getBitmaps
(AbstractFopImage.java:235)
        at org/apache/fop/pdf/PDFXObject.output (PDFXObject.java:108)
        at org/apache/fop/pdf/PDFDocument.output (PDFDocument.java:970)
        at org/apache/fop/render/pdf/PDFRenderer.render
(PDFRenderer.java:165)
        at org/apache/fop/apps/Driver.render (Driver.java:403)
        at com/apache/fop/apps/XalanCommandLine.main
(XalanCommandLine.java:202)

the same example is working fine when i run by using
java XalanCommandLine test1.xml test1.xsl test1.pdf

unfortunately i need to use jview because our application has to work as a
Microsoft com component which supports only jview.

Thanks&Regards

Bala
___________________________
LostWax Media Ltd,
1 Dee Road, RichMond Surrey
London, TW92JN
020-8814-0699 (Home)
020-8939-2607 (Work)

Re: clarification

Posted by Christian Geisert <Ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Balakrishna Reddy wrote:
>  I am trying to build pdf file using the program XalanCommandline by using
> command shown below.
>
> jview XalanCommandLine test1.xml test1.xsl test1.pdf

AFAIK jview is jdk1.1 and all image-formats except bmp need atleast jdk1.2
(we should add this to the documentation...)

> the above command is giving runtime error as shown below
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/awt/image/ColorModel: method hasAlpha()Z
> not found
>         at org/apache/fop/image/GifJpegImage.loadImage
> (GifJpegImage.java:95)

[...]

> unfortunately i need to use jview because our application has to work as a
> Microsoft com component which supports only jview.

With jdk1.1 your only option for images is to use BMP instead of GIF

> Thanks&Regards
>
> Bala

Christian